- What kind of business or organization do you work for?
- Where do you spend most of your working day? At your desk, in meeting or somewhere else?
- How much of your time is spend working on your own, with colleagues or with clients?
Is there a
long-hours working culture in your country?
- What makes a project successful?
- Do you like prefer to lead a project or be part of the team? Why?
- Do you like being involved in long-term projects? Why/Why not?
Services & systems
- What types of online services do you use? Online banking/ Cloud storage/ News feeds/ Others?
- What are the benefits of these services?
- Does your company offer any online services? Tell the class about them.
- Who are your main customers?
- How does your company keep its customers happy?
- What percentage of your company`s business is online?
Guests & visitors
- How often dose your company have business guests and visitors?
- Why do they visit the company?
- Does the company entertain then in the evenings? If so, how?
- How often do you visit other companies?
- Do you prefer being the visitor or the host?
- Working online
- Which online mobile devices do you have with you all the time?
- How important is it for you to be online 24/7?
- How do you feel when you can’t access the Internet and go online?
- Give reasons for your answer.
- Who is in charge of dealing with financial matters in your company/ department/home ?
- Do you ever work with a budget at work or at home? How do you decide what to spend?
- Do you think it’s easier to manage your own money, or someone else’s money (e.g. your company’s money)? Why not?
- What does the term ‘logistics’ mean?
- Have you ever experienced problems with the delivery of goods at home or at work? What happened?
- Work with a partner. List as many places of work as you can in two minutes.
- Which ones would you most like to work in? Give reasons for your answers.
- Read how four people make decisions. Who are you most like?
‘I trust my instincts. If I think too much about something I often get it wrong.’
‘Sometimes I rush into decisions too quickly and I often regret what I have done.’
‘I make a list of advantages and disadvantages of each option before I decide.’
‘I ask people I trust what they think before I make up my mind. I find it hard to make decisions on my own.’
- What was the best decision you ever made? (Either at work or in your personal life.)
- Where and where do you get your best ideas? At work/ After lunch/ In the middle of the night
- During your lifetime, what have been the most important innovation in ….?
- business/ technology/ transport and travel
- How do you feel about companies that sell goods and services that are not 100% perfect?
- What types of products would you buy at a discounted price if they had a defect? Why?
- Work with a partner. Brainstorm the stages for the following processes.
- Applying for a job/ Moving your office/ Buying a house
- Compare your stages with another group. Who has the most stages? Are they all necessary?
- How do you assess your performance at work? What about activities outside of work such as sports, education, Language classes, parenting?
- How do you measure success in life? Which things on this list are important? What else would you add? money and wealth/ family/ good health/ job and career / love and relationships / qualifications /
- busy social life